Saturday, September 3, 2011

Room for One More!

Late this morning, all five children came knocking on our front door. They were very excited and told us to come and see what they got at a yard sale. And, this is what we saw in their driveway when we walked toward their house. They had a seven seat van and now they have an eight seat SUV...so guess our baby grandson will have a place for his car seat come January...when he is born. The children were so excited. Elijah was trying out all the buttons as he was pretending to drive and Abigail was showing us that it had a DVD player and Graham was trying to rearrange something in the back of the vehicle. And, Joy and Esther were hopping in one door and out another. Exciting times!

Woody got up early and went for a four-mile walk. Later in the morning he took a church member to run errands and then did our weekly shopping at WalMart and Kroger. After lunch he went to the library. I did get the pillow cover made that we measured for yesterday and it worked just great...mathematician and seamstress were successful! Before I would put it on the glider on the front porch, I wanted to sweep all the spider webs off the porch. I managed to do that before Woody got home from his errands. The children came over after their first round of yard sales (for real yard sales that time). They came to show me the treasures that they had found. Elijah wanted to see Goosey and when he found out that he wasn't here, he asked if I "could" read E-I-E-I-O (the Old MacDonald book that Woody has read to him since he was tiny...guess he thought that I might not be able to read it!). So I read to him while Graham, Joy, and Esther played for a few minutes till Kathy came to get them to go on their next round of "supposed" yard sales. That was the trip that they returned with a new vehicle. This afternoon Graham came over to have Woody help him build some circuits in a kit that he had gotten. Then Graham got caught up in a catalog trying to decide what he wants for Christmas...the big question is what doesn't he want in the catalog (mainly he doesn't want the pink things in the catalog!). Then Kathy came over to copy some things on our copier and she, Graham and I went up to the school room and we ended up playing a game...well, it isn't finished...supper time came before it ended. We will attempt to finish it tomorrow. Most of the afternoon I had a ham cooking in the oven...visions of possible casseroles, salads, etc. that can be made from it keep floating around in my head...ahhhhh the possibilities! I had a really good ham sandwich for supper...easiest of those floating visions to make!




No comments:

Post a Comment