Friday, February 3, 2012

The Third of February????

I can't believe that we have flowers blooming at the beginning of February! But we do...I took pictures this morning of this Dutch iris and also of jonquils that are already in full bloom. Guess these are proof that we have had a very mild winter so far.

Woody seems to be feeling a bit better today. He slept fairly well last night. He ran a couple of errands this afternoon in the car. I think that the only walks that he took today were to our mail box to check to see if the mail was here and to the compost pile to empty our compost bucket (Compost Boy was away today!). He has read, watched a bit of TV, and worked his daily crossword puzzle. Oh, and, he corrected an error that I made in the blog the other day. The car that had the flat due to picking up a roofing nail wasn't the car that we will be taking to NIH next week. Guess he is feeling well enough to read the blog and remember what I wrote!

I got up really early...before Woody...a rarity! And, I set to work on the decorations. My goal for the day was to have all decorations in their boxes except for the Christmas trees and their ornaments. I just met that goal a few minutes ago. I can't tell you how many trips up and down the stairs I have made today...but I do know that my body is telling me that I have done enough stair climbing for the day! Along with getting angels, trees, bells, and various and sundry other items put back in storage boxes, I also started to redecorate for "everyday" so that took a chunk of the day also. I haven't taken much time to sit down today. When Woody got up this morning, I made us an omelet. Then this evening we had spaghetti for supper so I stopped undecorating long enough to make the sauce (and, my spaghetti sauce doesn't come from a jar)...so that took a bit of time too. I don't have a problem with admitting that I'm tired tonight! The upstairs hallway is scary! One wrong bump to the edge of a box...and...we won't go there...hopefully! I "guess" this means that tomorrow I will start tackling the Christmas trees...oh, boy!

I emailed Woody's NIH protocol study nurse to let her know that we would be driving and that we would be arriving Tuesday night since he has early appointments on Wednesday. That way she can go on and approve our stay for two nights in a hotel...makes it easier on Thursday when we turn in the vouchers if that is already approved. I guess that is one step closer to being ready to head out dark and early on Tuesday.

Well, one more trip up and down the stairs...a messy kitchen is calling...I left it to complete today's undecorating goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment