Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Celebrating a Birthday!

Oreo cookies turn 100 this year and in honor of Oreo's birthday Dairy Queen has a special offer.  You buy one medium Oreo Blizzard and get another for 99cents.  This ad came over our computer today and Woody took them up on it and took us for a treat!  Sounded like a good reason to celebrate to us! Woody didn't sleep very well last night...he spent part of the night in his recliner downstairs and part on the family room couch.  But in neither place did he get much sleep.  He has really been drinking today...hoping to get his kidney stone to move to a more comfortable place!  I, on the other hand, had one of the best night's sleep that I had had in weeks and I managed to sleep in our bed.  Usually if I stay in the bed too long I get to really hurting.  I guess that I was tired enough that even if I hurt in the night that I didn't awaken!  I think that it drizzled a good part of the night...at least when I went to bed it was raining some and then when I woke up it was raining...so who knows what happened rain-wise during the night!  But things are pretty wet and the flowers are pretty happy.  I walked around a little while ago and managed to deadhead some of the flowers. That is a job that I have neglected since I haven't felt well the last few weeks.  After I got up, I got back to cleaning.  I had a couple of surfaces (table/desk tops) downstairs that I wanted to finish before taking the vacuum upstairs.  I did those and then found other things that needed vacuuming/cleaning so did those too.  I spent a lot more time downstairs than I had planned to (that seems to be the way it is when I get to cleaning...one thing seems to lead to another).  I vacuumed through the pathway downstairs and then vacuumed the stairs as I took the vacuum upstairs.  I have done a little cleaning upstairs...our bathroom and the upstairs guest bathroom.  So for the moment we have three clean bathrooms!  I can pretty much say that all rooms have had a good cleaning...except...the sewing room...gulp!  Well, I will leave that for another day!  Woody didn't walk this morning due to the rain.  He left a little while ago to walk to the prayer room at church.

No comments:

Post a Comment