Thursday, June 19, 2014

Walkin', Plannin', and Cookin'

Woody headed out on an eight-mile walk early this morning to beat the heat.  The heat got broken late this morning with a passing thunder storm.  I started out this morning working on a new recipe.  The first thing that I had to was skin and remove the bone from chicken thighs...I needed skinless/boneless chicken thighs for this recipe...not the most fun thing to do!  It took me a while (following instructions that I found on the internet)...perhaps the next time I will be quicker.  But I will say that when I was finished they still looked like chicken thighs...so perhaps the time taken was worth it?  I think really...I'm just slow!  After lunch, I started chopping celery, onions, green pepper, etc. for the recipe.  After the rain finished, Woody went out to the garden and get me some garlic for the recipe.  And, later I went out and cut some flat leafed parsley that I needed.  I rested a while and then started putting the recipe together. The cooking time was much shorter than the prep time.  I will say that the end results were worth the time that it took...quite tasty...a "bit" spicy...definitely a keeper...Spanish Stewed Chicken Thighs.  While I was cooking and while I was resting, I was making plans (in my mind) for our St. Louis trip. Woody did more than plan in his mind  for the trip...he actually did a load of wash...on my list of "to-do's" for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment