Saturday, December 19, 2015

Little Cabin in the Woods!

As you can see by tonight's photos the club house that Nathan, Kathy and the children have been building is finished. I think that we have seven pretty happy children. What a fun place to hang out! I told Graham that if I was a kid in their family, I would be sneaking off to be by myself and read! Woody got up and did some of the dishes that hadn't fit in the dishwasher last night. I got up and started in on going over recipes for our family Christmas lunch that will take place on the 24th. I went through all the items that we had already purchased and put them in a bag that goes with that recipe...so lots of bags all labeled with needed nonperishable ingredients inside each bag. Things that I didn't have already I wrote on the grocery list. Once I got through that "monumentable" task, Woody headed off to the store to fill in the missing items. When he got home I put each item into its recipe's bag. Here's what one corner of my kitchen looks like:
I'm a bit overwhelmed by what we have decided to make...but there are quite a few of us and some will not and/or can't eat certain items so hopefully this variety will please most. This afternoon Woody ventured out on his "short four-mile route for a walk. The first long walk he has taken since before his surgery. I do see that he seems to be improving more each day, as he is starting to do his usual tasks around the house...emptying the dishwasher, cleaning up after me in the kitchen, and now getting back to his walking. Woody is next door taking care of the children while their parents go to their Sunday School Class's Christmas party. I am going to go over in a few minutes and put the youngest two to bed. I have done a little preparation cooking this evening while he is over there. Trying to get as much done ahead as possible. 'Tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment