Tuesday, October 3, 2017

First October Tuesday

October being here makes me feel like I HAVE to get going on doing things for Christmas.  After I blogged last night I got busy and finished up another gift.  Today I decided that I needed to get going on making some Christmas ornaments to give as gifts...usually I start them much earlier in the year.  I bought machine embroidery designs early in the year to make for this Christmas...but didn't get started on them early.  I needed to do some machine embroidery to make sure that part of my machine is working after it was serviced last week.  I decided that I would make a lace Christmas ornament...but when I got into that folder on my computer, I found some Fall things that I had bought to make this year so changed directions and still haven't started making Christmas ornaments...but have two Fall items made and in the process of a third one.  I have worked on cleaning up things after my two quilting projects that I just finished...so put away scraps and notions and got the machine ready to do embroidery.  So far everything is working on my machines since they were worked on.  That is a good thing.  I am planning to get back to work on the pair of jeans that I cut out before Cheryl came and that will give a better test for how the serger is working since being serviced.  Cheryl left a week ago today...I miss our front porch sister chats!

Since the temperatures have gone down, Woody hasn't been walking really early, but waiting till a bit later in the morning.  He doesn't usually take a four-mile walk on Tuesday because he walks to the prayer room in the evening.  He left a while ago to walk to the prayer room and is still there.  I think that I remember him coming back in after a walk this morning, but now I am not sure...and can't ask him since he isn't here!  Perhaps I am giving him credit for walking twice...if he didn't then we can just chalk it up to making up for another time when I didn't report his morning walk!  He spent time this morning on the phone trying to get his Sunday School roll and his Deacon Family Care Plan notebook up to date. He has been doing a lot of reading, and, of course, continues to do a crossword puzzle or two each day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment