Monday, March 18, 2013

Rain, Rain, and More Rain!

This has been a rather rainy, stormy day. But, as of about an hour ago, the sun is out. Woody didn't go on a walk today as there haven't been enough breaks in the rain. I had school this morning with Elijah, Esther and Joy. Then about as soon as Joy was finished I got underway with tonight's supper...Corned Beef and Cabbage (and potatoes and carrots and onions). I got the corned beef simmering on top of the stove and then I went upstairs to read and check emails, etc. I ended up watching a video of a lecture done by a National Geographic Photographer. He is testing out cameras like mine so it was interesting to see some of the photos that he as a professional has taken with a camera almost like mine. Then it was time to go downstairs and peel potatoes, carrots and onions and cut cabbage wedges. After the meat was finished cooking, I cooked potatoes, carrots and onions next and then cooked the cabbage. This is our traditional St. Patrick's Day dinner. I chose to wait till today since it is a rather all day cooking meal and it would have been hard to fit it in between church comings and goings yesterday. We have enjoyed our meal and now I am getting ready to go down and watch Dancing With the Stars. I am in the midst of four really good books...I rarely have more than one fiction book going at a time...and now I have an e-book, an audio book, a book from the church library, and a book from the public library all well under way. And, I am enjoying them all! And, so far I haven't gotten the plots confused!

No comments:

Post a Comment