Thursday, May 2, 2013

Do You Brake for Yard Sales?

If you are a "yard saler" and live in the Tullahoma area, you need to head over to Nathan and Kathy's tomorrow or Saturday. They have been out collecting items from families all over the area today...yesterday and days prior. Also folk have been dropping items off at their house for several weeks now. Lots and lots of STUFF!!!! Something for everyone...I'm sure! I spent the afternoon cleaning out some of my cabinets seeing if there was anything in them that I needed/wanted to get rid of and did find several items to donate and have cleaner cabinets now, too. I brought in our garden kneeling bench, but it was still hard on these messed up knees to get into those lower cabinets. I have just gone through some of my fabric...figured that these odds and ends of fabrics might benefit a quilter...and it frees up a bit more space in my scrap fabric bins! Woody has mowed, raked and in general worked in our back yard today. He also went on a four-mile walk this afternoon. Graham and Joy helped me pull stuff out of my cabinets...that was funny. They enjoyed playing with what they found and were a great help to me in pulling out stuff that was in the back of the cabinets. They had fun with the various candle holders that I have...they hunted around for candles to put in them, pretended that the lights had gone out and then pretended to light the candles. They wore cornucopias around on their heads and/or used them as horns! Just never know what will trigger their imaginations or what they will think up to do! This morning I did have school with Elijah, Esther, and Joy. They were pretty anxious to get back to helping with yard sale preparations! The children helped make signs to post around guiding folk to their yard sale. The reason they are having this yard sale is to raise money for a mission trip to Africa that their whole family plans to take in the fall. Woody's big event of the day was the Mayor's Prayer Breakfast held at our church this morning. From what I understand around 200 people attended. Woody was one of the food servers.

No comments:

Post a Comment