Thursday, January 16, 2014

A Marked Man...AGAIN!

Woody spent a good part of the morning at the radiologist's office. He got run through their machine getting lined up and marked for his upcoming radiation. He is now waiting for the radiologist office to call and set up his appointments. I spent the morning next door. Kathy and Nathan went to the hospital for her to pre-register. Getting closer and closer to "baby day!" I'm looking forward to meeting this new little one! We had school while their mother and father were away. Each of the children worked so hard and got a lot done. I came home had a bite of lunch and waited for Woody to get home. It was quite a long appointment...but he did say that a lot of the time was spent in their waiting room. After lunch, I headed to the sewing room and got underway with the next shirt. So Abigail now has a BIG sister shirt. So two down and four to go! I have the thread colors lined up for Joy's. I'm planning to get it sewn out as soon as I blog. We have had an interesting day without a sewer. The city is in the process of updating all the sewer lines in town. We got notified yesterday that we were not to wash clothes, dishes, bathe or shower, flush the potties excessively, etc. And, it was suggested that all drains (especially those not used often) have at least a bucket of water in them so smells wouldn't come into the house! All this was to take place between 8am and 6pm. They started working before 8am and left around 5:30pm. Glad that is over! And, at this point I don't smell any unwanted smells! When I go back downstairs I plan to load up the dishwasher with the mess of dishes that I used when preparing tonight's supper. Funny...something that you don't think about most days...like having sewer privileges...are really missed when they are taken away! Well, turning my chair around to get Joy's shirt ready to machine embroider!

No comments:

Post a Comment