Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Again...Brrrrrrry in Middle TN!

We seem to be in a cycle of a couple of "warmish"...well, at least pleasant days and then the cold sets in again. It is already down to 18F and supposed to go several degrees lower before morning. This has been quite a busy day. Woody got up and went for an early walk as he figured that it wasn't going to get much warmer as temperatures were supposed to drop as the day progressed. Around 8:30am, he got a phone call from the radiation center and they wanted him to come in at 11am. He was x-rayed and remarked and will begin his radiation treatments in the morning. I had school with Isaac and Elijah and then decided that today for art that we would undecorate the corner tree. I had Abigail and Elijah help first. Abigail got the high ornaments and Elijah got the low ornaments off. Then I called Joy and Esther over and they removed the rest. I boxed the ornaments up...so another job done. I have left the corner tree for Graham to take down when he is feeling better. I have boxed up the rest of the decorations that aren't Christmas tree ornaments. So I "think" that all I have left is the big Christmas tree. Around noon I sat down to rest for a few minutes and decided to check my email and got some very sad news. One of my very dear friends died this morning. She had MS and had been struggling with several health problems over the last months. She will be greatly missed. Around 1:40pm, I was about to head out the door to get my hair cut when the neighbor's paging phone rang...and at the moment that phone ringing makes me think "baby!" And, sure enough Kathy was calling to say that she thought that she was going to be going to the hospital shortly. So I handed the phones and information over to Woody and I headed off to get my hair cut and he waited on the call to go next door. Woody did get that phone call not long after I left. When I got home, he was over at their house. Kathy called not long after I got over there and said that she wasn't in active labor, but that they were observing her. It was finally decided that she would stay the night since she seems to have picked up whatever has been ailing the children. So she is getting antibiotics hoping to chase the cough, etc. away before she does go into labor. Nathan came on home and plans to get everyone to bed early and try to get a good night's sleep himself tonight...getting ready for some sleepless ones ahead! I have my bag packed with camera, lenses, iPad, and a book and have my coat at ready in case I get a call in the night! It is snowing and the roads are getting whiter...what a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment