Friday, July 25, 2014

We Voted Early

Esther woke up ready to continue her sleepover...there were still several things that she wanted to be included in the sleepover after she ate breakfast!  We finished a short chapter book that we started last night and then she played with the doll that I had as a child.  She also played dress up using the dress that Erin (now almost 21) wore in a wedding many moons ago.  Elijah came over mid morning to say that there was another baby bird hopping around out in their yard...so...Grammy grabbed her camera and Esther shed her dress up dress and we headed off to see this cute little baby bird.  That sort of ended the sleepover as Esther started doing fun things like riding her bike, etc.  Not long after that Woody and I gathered ourselves together and headed off to early vote.  The ballot for city, county, state, and national elections was very long.  But we voted fairly quickly since we had studied the ballot fairly well over the last several days.  And, it was much easier than the paper ballot as only the ones we were to vote for showed up on the computerized ballot.  On our way out of the parking lot Woody suggested that we go to Red Lobster for lunch so we did.  Enjoyed our lunch and then headed home.  I have been pretty much worth nothing the rest of the day.  I keep dozing off the moment I light on any chair including this office chair while I was looking for a photo to represent our day.  This is one of our shadow boxes.  The little cross stitched elephant and donkey I stitched many years ago.  I exchange appropriate cross stitch pieces in these frames depending on the season, holiday, etc...most of the time there is only one of these small frames on display...but appropriate to display two at election time.

Woody walked four miles this morning.  He continues to feel well after his infusion. We have now gotten the official papers in the mail showing the times for the rest of his infusion times.  I already knew them as I checked online on Vanderbilt My Health.  

I will end wishing our grandson, Alex, a great BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  Happy 17th, Alex!

No comments:

Post a Comment