Friday, November 20, 2015

Progress for Some

As tonight's photos show, there has been quite a bit of progress by Nathan, Kathy and family on their club/play house. They have really worked hard today. This is going to be a great place for the children to play! I periodically checked out their progress and snapped pictures and gave encouragement! I wish that I could say that Woody has also made progress, but he still hasn't passed his kidney stone. He doesn't seem to be in as much pain as the previous days, but he still isn't feeling good at all. This morning I got up and made chicken soup (hopefully good for what ails him). While it was simmering, I headed off to the grocery store for some "sick food" (trying to find something that would appeal to Woody). I came home and finished up with the soup. He didn't eat any for lunch, but did give it a try for supper. I have been pushing fluids (of all kinds) to him...but he is in that mode that even mentioning that he needs to drink something makes him almost nauseous! All I can say is, "this too shall pass!" And, hopefully he passes this stone soon! I'm pretty sure that being sick like this for most of this week will make him "not pass" his labs on Tuesday and thus he won't be getting Keytruda that day. But, I guess time will tell! Maybe they will just give him extra hydration along with the Keytruda. I made "breakfast cookies" to take to church in the morning. They are having a workday for our Night in Bethlehem and our Sunday School class has been asked to provide refreshments. I had two little boys (Elijah and Isaac)come in while I had one pan in the oven and another ready to go into the oven. They thought that "something" smelled awfully good! And, "luckily" for them when I was taking them off the pan, one broke in two (conveniently! Grammy couldn't let them come in to cookies baking and not let them at least have a taste!) so they got to be my taste testers! They pronounced them worthy of eating! I will have to be up and out of the house a little after 8am in the morning...and it is supposed to be cold! I was going to take them to the church this afternoon and then I realized that they close the church early on Friday (at least I remembered before heading that direction)...so guess it is a trip out in the cold in the morning. I have the facing all basted on my blouse...but haven't had enough time or inclination to take it to the sewing machine to sew it on...maybe tomorrow? Well, guess I will go check on my patient and try to get him to drink something. Do you think that he is going to be happy to hear me coming?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment