Friday, January 22, 2016

Joseph is Two!

We had fun celebrating Joseph's second birthday with him and the rest of his family. We had cake and ice cream and then he opened his presents. He is reading the book that we gave him. He said, "I read book!" And, then he looked at it for a minute or two turning pages and then said, "The End!" and closed the book. While we were still next door, a little before noon it started to snow. The children got pretty excited! Just before Goosey (Woody) and I headed home, Graham and Joseph went outside to check out the cold stuff floating through the air.
You can tell how wet it was before the snow started. We had gotten a LOT of rain. Woody went home first and when I headed home, I got a picture of him heading out for his walk of the day (before it got too snowy and slick).
He had some DVD's that were due tomorrow and not knowing what the conditions would be tomorrow, he decided that he had better "go while the going was good"...in other words while he could! I came home and headed to the kitchen. I enjoy cooking when it is snowing and we were just about out of soup so I made a big pot of Ham and Barley soup. So I sat and chopped, etc. and looked out the kitchen window and watched the snow. The snow started out with really BIG flakes and then became really fine...but it has continued to snow ever since it started a little before noon. Here is a picture just as the street lights came on this evening. We're turning into a winter wonderland!
I will end by saying a BIG Happy Birthday to our sweet Joseph! Oh, about the key on the cake...Joseph loves car keys. One of the things that he likes best to do is "drive" a car!

No comments:

Post a Comment