Friday, January 8, 2016

Friday

Today has been a pretty quiet day. Since it is Friday...no school for me (my day off from school). Woody got up (one of Woody's accomplishments that he told me about, when I asked what he had done today). And, he must have gotten busy in the kitchen, for when I came downstairs, he had taken the skin off the chicken pieces for me. That put me in "kitchen mode"...trying to decide what to do with the skinned chicken pieces. Well, I chose two recipes. For one I needed pieces of cooked chicken so I stewed some of the pieces and then made the broth that I needed for one of the recipes from the liquid that I stewed them in. Then I baked the rest in the oven (our lunch plus some for leftovers). While cooking I realized that my shoes seemed to be sticking to the floor. Oops! That indicated that I should really talk myself into mopping the kitchen floor...which I did after I finished with the cooking. Woody came behind me and cleaned up the dishes mess that I created with my cooking efforts. Later in the afternoon he walked six miles. We have both watched some TV, read, done puzzles, and just lazed around. Today started out drizzly and it stayed cloudy for the rest of the day. Tonight's blog photo shows one of the new ornaments that I was given this year...what could be more perfect for me, who loves Williamsburg so much, than a Williamsburg snowman complete with a tricorn hat! Thanks, Connie! He is standing proudly on one of the branches of our tree. Note that I haven't gotten in the right frame of mind to undecorate yet...still just thinking about it and enjoying taking pictures of our decorations! I read a photo challenge the other day that suggested using a certain setting mode (aperature mode) for the next month for 98% of the photos that I take so I am taking the challenge. It is one of the settings that I haven't used much...as it's often easier to use the more automatic settings. But this one is proving to be easier than I thought...so a new learning curve with my cameras. I have set three of them on "A" mode. Tonight's photo was taken with this setting. So more trial photos for you, my "guinea pig" blog readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment