Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Blue Bird of March

It is a little hard to say whether March came in like a lion or a lamb. We have had fairly warm temperatures today, but we have also had quite a bit of wind and rain and even had a thunder storm...so we have had a little bit of both. The children and I had school this morning. Woody walked to the pharmacy after lunch to pick up a prescription for each of us. He made it back just before it started raining really hard...as in...he walked in the door and the bottom dropped out of the sky. This afternoon I worked some more on organizing my needlework...getting reacquainted with I have. I'm still deciding what I want to work on next. Since it was a rainy afternoon I ended up reading for a while. Woody walked to the prayer room at church after supper tonight and has yet to return. We were rather glad that we voted early last week so we didn't have to get out in the rain on this the first day of March aka Super Tuesday. I spotted this bluebird on a branch outside our bedroom window when I closed the curtains at dusk. Bluebirds make me think "Spring!" But, alas, today's warmer temperatures are not to last...it's supposed to get down into the 30's over night.

No comments:

Post a Comment