Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Wednesday Doings

Today has pretty much been a routine Wednesday. Woody headed off to the local farmer's market and then to Kroger before I got underway with school. Joseph and Isaac had their preschool time with me. Then Elijah, Esther, and Joy read with me. Then it was Abigail's turn to have her long Grammy time. Today we got brave and really deconstructed the pair of capris that she is going to turn into a skirt. We cut up the seam of the inside legs. She had a machine embroidery design all picked out. She chose the colors that she wanted to use and she was able to get the design all stitched out in "her time"...progress! Hopefully we will get this done before she outgrows it! Woody made me a green salad for lunch. I ate it and a nice juicy pear and then headed off to the church library to work. I stopped first at the public library to return some books. My plan in stopping there first was that the one book that I still wanted but couldn't renew any more would be back on the shelf by the time that I went back after working at the church. By making that stop at the public library, tonight's photo is what greeted me one block from the church...and it was a long one. I had to wait on it for at least five minutes. We got a lot accomplished in processing...lots more new books both for the grownups and the children are ready for circulation. I did stop at the public library on the way back and was disappointed that the book wasn't back on the shelf yet. I decided that I would look around and find another book or two. By the time that I had selected two, the library worker was coming toward me with the book cart ready to shelve returned books. I spotted the one that I wanted and asked her if I could have it from her cart. She nicely said that, "Yes, I could shop from her cart!" So I was happy to have the book that I wanted back and also a couple of others to read...mission accomplished. I came home and pretty much promptly sat down and fell asleep...much needed nap. We have now had supper and are settling in for another, as usual, quiet evening. I think that I will start one of the books that I checked out today...didn't even get a page read before I fell asleep this afternoon...maybe my nap will let me read for a bit tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment