Wednesday, November 16, 2016

No Need for a Fall Road Trip!

At this time of the year fall color is just everywhere including our front yard. The sun was hitting the leaves just right when Isaac and I were walking back to our house from his. So we headed inside to get one of my cameras and then came out capture the up close beauty. And, I didn't even have to take a trip to see the leaves! It seems like it has been a very busy day...pretty typical for a Wednesday. Woody headed off to do our Wednesday grocery shopping before I got underway with school. We had a usual Wednesday school morning...Joseph had his time, then Isaac, then Elijah, Esther, and Joy had their times to read out loud with me. Abigail had her long time. She wanted to learn how to make a t-shirt using mainly the serger. She got the "T" cut out and then sewed the shoulder seams. So it is on the way to becoming a t-shirt. This sewing project "shouldn't" take too long. I ate lunch and put away the groceries that Woody hadn't put away. Then it was time to head off to the church library. When I left Woody was out watering his garlic bed. Donna and I worked on getting the latest book order processed. We got most of the work done...I think that all we have left is to cover the paperback books with Contac paper. While I was at church, Woody went on a four-mile walk. Shortly after I got back home, I got underway again with the Christmas decorating. Isaac came over to help me again. I packed up some things that need to be put away till after Christmas and worked some more on getting some things out. The Byers Carolers are happily singing away in the living room. One table of them still isn't arranged...when they are "in position," then "just" the tree in the living room will be left to do in there. And, what a job that is...but really my favorite part of decorating. I did get the buffet part of the china cabinet cleared so I can put out the Precious Moments Nativity. I "might" have enough energy left to put that out tonight. Woody is cleaning up the dishes after our supper. The dish washer is washing the neighbors' (Nathan and Kathy's) dishes. (They found out that they have a leak and the plumber hasn't graced them with his presence yet...they were hoping that he would come today.) They have quite a few dishes just with one meal...preparation dishes and then dishes for nine! I'm not sure that our dish washer has been this full in a long time! We have settled in for another quiet evening in this Dorrell household...doubt that it is this quiet next door in the other Dorrell household!

No comments:

Post a Comment