Monday, December 12, 2016

"Wrapping All The Way!"

Yesterday was quite a busy day. We had church and Sunday School in the morning, a meet & greet the new interim pastor and his wife in the afternoon, and then in the evening the children's musical: "Wrapping All the Way" and our White Christmas (presenting non perishible food items to be given to those in need in Tullahoma). We only had two in it this year...much easier to keep track of them...plus they were pretty close to each other. Elijah is in the front row on the right end and Esther is third from the right...just one child between them. Made it much easier to get pictures of both of them. It was a very colorful and active performance. The children did an amazing job as they always do! This choir is made up of first through fifth graders. I was pretty tired after attending all those activities. I thought that I would sleep really well, but not to be so...woke up with bad leg cramps (top of my foot and front of my leg...ouch!) Then later in the night I woke up with my knees hurting really badly...I had bent them too much while I was asleep. It was probably a good thing that I didn't have a usual morning of school! Nathan, Kathy and children went to church to pack the White Christmas boxes and then deliver them. Woody also went to pack boxes AFTER he went to the Post Office to get our package off to Arizona. While they were gone, I worked on getting dishes from last week's party put away. I hadn't gotten that done because I took off running trying to get the presents ready to send to AZ. After packing and delivering food boxes, Woody also did Bible study with Jeff and visited with members of our church who are residents there. Joy got home in time to have her long time. She once again worked on a Christmas present and had time to work some on the plaid shirt that she is making for her doll. After lunch, Elijah came over and we finished his card ball ornament (bottom photo). Woody walked to church for the Monday prayer meeting since he hadn't gotten his walk in today. I worked on supper...getting things out of our freezer and refrigerator so we can get ready for the next Dorrell/Proctor feast...this time for Christmas on the 24th. I made Turkey Tetrazzini to finish up the last three cups of cubed turkey. I also used up a two cup portion of frozen turkey broth and some other odds and ends in the fridge and freezer. I served the turkey tetrazzini as a sauce over spaghetti squash...pretty good. We have enough to have it over real pasta the next time. I'm later blogging because I hadn't had time to download the pictures from last night and it took a while. Now I am ready to go put some Christmas presents out of sight that arrived in the mail today. Then I think that I will open boxes that have arrived from AZ...a treat for myself...guess I could/might indulge in a little package shaking?!? 'Tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment