Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Last Day of Spring!

We have stayed pretty busy this last day of Spring 2017.  Woody was in and out a lot during the day...when he was out, he was mowing.  He did his good deed for the day = mowed the neighbor's (Nathan and Kathy's) front yard.  Later in the day he made Cole Slaw (I think...anyway I think I heard the food processor going and now there is a container in the fridge that he usually puts slaw in.)  And, I can't ask him as he has disappeared.  I guess he has walked to the prayer room at church.

The reason that I don't know exactly what is going on is that I have had my sewing machine going this afternoon.  And when I am machine embroidering it is hard to hear what is going on.  But considering that it is Tuesday, I'm pretty sure that he has gone to the prayer room and I just didn't hear him tell me that he was going...all lights are off downstairs so that usually indicates that he has gone farther than just out in the yard!  I decided that it was time to do a little cleaning...so this morning I vacuumed the downstairs and even got out the spot cleaning machine and did some spot cleaning.  In the afternoon I "played" with my iPad trying to figure out what to do with the photos stored on it.  I really try not to use the iPad for photos and/or photo storage...but none the less the photos end up stacking up.  Today I found out a way to let Google store them for me on an app that they offer so decided to try it.  All my iPad photos are now backed up and stored in the Google photo app...and I have decided to delete them from my iPad to free up space.  Even if there is a problem with this method of storing them I won't lose much...as anything I really wanted I have transferred over the laptop and then onto my passport hard drive.  I don't like taking pictures with the iPad and the main ones that I save are either screen shots or photos that others send me.  I think that this new method will work.  I had been thinking about deleting a lot of them and this way I will still have them...just not stored directly on the iPad.  Guess I'll see if it works!  Just before blogging I completed the embroidery design that I am going to use on one of the pillows for the front porch.  That was a major step as it took more than an hour of machine embroidery to get it finished.  Now I just have to decide exactly how big I want the pillow and then cut it to size and then cut a back the same size...stitch it up and then stuff it...and one more will be done with only one more to go after that.  I never had time today to sit on the front porch.  I did watch out the living room and saw that the birds (and the squirrels) were enjoying the food in the feeders.

I guess I'll go and see what I can do about organizing the pictures in this new app...supposed to be easy...we'll see!  Enjoy the last hours of Spring...Summer is hot on Spring's heels!  See if you can spot the bee in tonight's photo!

Oh, and my gout rescue med seems to have done its job.  I'm going to stop taking it since the pain is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment