Saturday, November 17, 2018

Saturday

I am laughing about Esther's/our cat!  I thought that cats were supposed to be able to jump and roam around places and not knock things down...not this one.  She decided to explore the shelves here in the sewing room.  She got on one shelf and went back behind the books...then she decided to turn around...well, she knocked off most of the books that were on said shelf as she got herself turned around and knocked a few more off when she turned in a different direction...then it was a bit of a precarious path down from the shelf.  She finally jumped over the mess that she created and found herself on the floor once again.  I guess she wanted me to dust the shelf!  Not tonight!  The books can stay where they are till another day!

I decided that I was going to stew a chicken and make "liquid gold" aka chicken stock.  When I was getting things out of the refrigerator that I needed for stewing the chicken, I came across the ball of pie crust dough that I had stored in the refrigerator.  I decided that I had better make Woody another pie before the pie crust wasn't any good.  So undertook that job too.  I backed myself into a corner with my cooking as I had planned to join friends along with Melany and Wade for lunch.  But my cooking took longer than I had  planned.  I do have chicken stock in the refrigerator and a pie on the counter.  I made another French Cranberry Apple pie.  It took quite a while to get the greasy dishes from the chicken stock cleaned up.  The rest of the dishes are in the dishwasher awaiting me to turn it on after I blog.

Woody did venture out for a short jaunt today.  He went to the public library for the first time in several weeks.  He didn't stay long, but did get several books.  He had finished the two that I checked out for him from our church library. It seems that most of my day has been spent in the kitchen or separating cats.  Peaches came in for a while today and still the sisters haven't made up.  They still don't like each other very much.  We hope that introducing them to each this way that eventually they will be friends again.  They did go nose to nose for a few seconds...but Peaches starts a low growling and then hisses.  Georgia doesn't do much but switch her tail back and forth (not a good sign!).  Georgia is the more aggressive one.  But I don't want them to tangle at this point since Georgia still isn't healed from her battle when she was out on her own in the cruel world for four months. Maybe one day they will like one another again?!?

The neighbors (Nathan and Kathy and some of the children) made a good dent in the leaves in our back yard using leaf blower and rakes.  We appreciate them doing this as neither of us are up to doing it!

I guess I'll go turn on the dishwasher and see if Georgia is ready to go into her room for the night.  Then Woody and I will both settle in for another quiet Saturday evening...Woody reading and watching TV and me...well, not sure yet...maybe read...or maybe work on another Christmas present.




No comments:

Post a Comment