Thursday, August 10, 2023

A More Quiet Day

We got up and were heading out around 6an this morning...typical Thursday start. Woody is definitely feeling stronger after his blood transfusion yesterday. I managed to forget to attach today's crossword puzzles to his clipboard this morning...so no crosswords during dialysis, but had them to fill in his afternoon after he got home! I made a months worth of sausage patties while he was at dialysis. They are all in the freezer ready to be gotten out individually when I need them. I also rested aka slept for a while after I dropped him off and came home. It was a rainy morning...good napping weather. We had storms in the night that woke me up so sleep got interrupted so I was very happy to go back to sleep for a while this morning. My back is still bother me some...so the rest time was a good time to use the heating pad of my back. I think it is better, but I am being careful! Woody's appetite has picked up some since his transfusion, also. So at this point mainly seeing positive results of the transfusion. After dialylsis we made a pit stop...literally...stopped to get gas. I rested, again, after lunch and watched some Floss tubes...YouTube videos done by folk who cross stitch. One person told about a free design from a company. I checked it out and it is a cute summer stitch and I decided that I wanted to stitch it. I downloaded the chart and printed it off. I then decided to pull the floss colors that I would need...11 colors...BUT...I didn't have 6 of them! I decided to make a quick trip to Hobby Lobby so I now am in business to start stitching this small piece. I plan to start it this evening after I come upstairs to settle in for the night. I hope I can get a few stitches in before I doze off. I did finish listening to my audio book...but in the middle of the night after the storm woke me up. I fell asleep before I could listen to the last 30 minutes of the book! But another book has been added to my "Books Read in 2023" list. Besides finishing another book this year, this is the next book we are going to discuss at my Cottey College Alum book club Zoom meeting that will be held a week from Saturday, I think. The book is called "River Sing Me Home" by Eleanor Shearer. If it hadn't been for the book club, I probably would have never come across this book and if I had, not sure it would be one that I would just automatically pick up to read. I enjoyed hearing it as it was well read with accent and proper pronunciation of words...I don't think that I would have heard the words correctly in my mind if I had read it as a book in hand or as an e-book. It is a rather draining book emotionally...about slavery and separation of children from their mothers and then a mother's search to find her children later in life. I tend to not choose such books as I want my reading to be an escape to pleasant times...but this was well worth the time it took to listen to it. I was able to listen to it while I worked in the kitchen and sometimes just sitting in my chair...sometimes while I was stitching. I still prefer to read the book myself, but sometimes I do enjoy listening...I can read faster than I can listen...so to me it takes longer when I am listening. Well, enough about all that! Tomorrow will find us heading to Wound Care...again...seems like we just were there. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment