Friday, April 4, 2014

Can't Be Many More Days!


The dogwood is thinking about breaking out into bloom and our first tulip opened up today.  That can only mean one thing around here...it must be getting close to Melany's birthday...and, these flowers are good predictors...as it is only four more days till our daughter will have her ??? birthday.  I won't say her age, as saying her age, really shows mine!

We woke up to some stormy weather early this morning.  But the storms never developed into more than a thunder storm passing through...nothing severe for us at least.  Woody didn't do as much outside in the gardens today since it was rather wet.  He did go on a four-mile walk this afternoon.  I made a pan of granola today...good snacking and good as breakfast cereal too.  Abigail came over and she and I worked in the guest bedroom.  We are setting up their sewing machine (my old machine) in there so it will be more convenient when we are having sewing lessons.  I have spent some time watching a movie on my iPad and doing some cross stitch.

Just a little while ago Nathan, Kathy and the older children went off on their "couch to 5K" training and left Isaac and Joseph with us.  So I got a little baby cuddle time in!  Joseph is getting freer and freer with his smiles!  So sweet!  Isaac played a Thomas the Train app on my iPad for a little while and then we went downstairs and he played with the Fisher Price little people and FP school bus.  And, of course he had to go down the little slide several times along with Mr. Bear.

The warm temperatures disappeared when the storm came through so once again it is a bit chilly.  Maybe this is Dogwood Winter?  I want to get all the winters behind us it will stay warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment