Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Recovery Day!

At least it feels like a recovery day to me after we have been to Vanderbilt. Woody seems to fare better after the long day than I! A little before 8am Woody left to do our weekly Wednesday Krogering. He got back and I put the groceries away as Isaac had slept in late and didn't come for his school time (later we found out that he wasn't feeling good and was running a temperature...poor little Isaac). Elijah came over and we had his Grammy school time and then Abigail and Joy read to me. After they read, Graham and Esther came over for their hour time with Goosey (Woody) and me. Esther got underway with choosing embroidery thread colors and started stitching on her new design. After the morning scholars headed home, we had lunch. Then I headed off to work in the church library for a few hours. While I was at the library Woody walked four miles...the doctor told him yesterday to keep on walking. On my way home from the church library I stopped at the public library to pick up a book that had come in that I had requested. Tonight's photo is of a little garden in front of the library. It is planted by a local garden club in memory of one of my Montessori students. By the time that I got home I was tuckered out and ready to sit for a while. When I went downstairs to tell Woody something, he wasn't in the family room...nor anywhere in the house. So I went outside and found him out back planting spinach seeds. He also worked some in the front garden...continuing trimming back dead growth on the butterfly bushes. So he has had a very busy day. He is now settled in his recliner watching TV and/or reading. I plan to head back to my chair as soon as I blog and read for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment