Thursday, April 2, 2015

Perseverance

Woody started out early in the yard...determined to get the leaves mulched that had been put into the natural ditch that runs through our backyard...have attempted to fill this low area up for years. And, his goal was reached...he accomplished the mulching thanks to Graham's help. I had a usual Thursday school day. Woody kept putting off his walk this afternoon as the radar showed that rain was on its way...well, the rain must have gotten lost as it never made it here except for a couple of sprinkles. Woody decided that he was going to go on his four-mile walk and not wait on the rain. I told him that it was sure to rain since he was heading out...but it didn't! Our neighbors (Nathan, Kathy, and children) started a monumental task for us today...washing down the siding on our house...one side and the back looks ever so much better! Can't thank them enough! Graham came over to read after lunch and we sat on the front porch and enjoyed the pretty afternoon. After he went back home, I decided that I was going to attempt to catch some birds eating from the new bird feeder that Melany, Wade, Erin and Alex gave me for my birthday. Today was the first day since they were here on Monday that I have had a chance to sit down and try to get a picture or two of the birds enjoying the feeder. My first attempt involved my new point and shoot camera and my iPad...I can connect the two of them wirelessly and use the iPad as a remote control. Well, it took me several failed attempts to finally figure out just how to take pictures that way. I missed several chickadees, a mommy and daddy goldfinch and several tufted titmice. At that point the battery in my camera needed to be changed and I headed inside. I looked back as I went in and there were a mommy and daddy cardinal in the yard. At that point I was about to give up, but decided that I would use one of my other cameras and try to just sit there and shoot with the camera not on a tripod. And, that is when I captured the ones that are tonight's blog photos. I have been out a lot more than usual...hope that my allergies don't suffer for it! This evening the neighbors had a fire in their fire pit and I took pictures for a while. So it has been a pretty busy day...on this second day of April.

No comments:

Post a Comment