Saturday, October 31, 2015

Huge Success

Woody just got home from the Trunk or Treat event at our church and he said that both the event at the church and the Clunk-a-Skunk game were huge successes...the spooks came out in record numbers due to the fact that it started raining just as Trick Or Treating should have started...so the spooks headed for inside events like our church's and others around town this evening. I know that at least one other church is having one tonight as Nathan, Kathy, and family are performing at that one. Our event was supposed to have been held outdoors, but it was known early in the week that there was a high likelihood of rain tonight so they came up with an alternative plan...and it sounds like it worked. Woody headed off to the grocery store early this morning and then later in the morning went to the library. After coming home from the library, he headed off on an eight-mile walk. Abigail came over and spent some time with me this morning. She has plans to make some Christmas presents this year and we made one this morning. As she was leaving, Isaac decided to spend some time over here. While he played, I got to work on cutting out a top for myself. There was excitement next door this morning. This is young sportsmen weekend and Graham, Joy, and their daddy went hunting this morning. Graham got a buck! Congratulations, Graham! I have managed to "almost" get my top cut out. I am using a non-traditional fabric for part of it so that has taken me a bit of time to figure out just how to do it. So all that is left to figure out and cut are the cuffs...maybe tonight...maybe not...I'l see what time it is by the time I think through the construction details of how I am going to "make it work." I guess it is time to go down and set our clocks back an hour. This is the time of the year that I "move" closer to Cheryl out in AZ...AZ doesn't change time so right now we are two hours different and tomorrow we will only be one hour different...much easier to make calls when it is only an hour different. She and I like this time change...whereas lots of folk don't like it as well, as it will be dark so much earlier tomorrow night. Well, off to change the clocks so we won't get to church at the wrong time tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment