Saturday, October 17, 2015

Look Who's 12!

I will start off by wishing Abigail a BIG Happy 12th Birthday! It has definitely been a big and exciting day for Abigail. She got what she had been wanting for a while...a phone from her mommy and daddy! Oh, my...she is growing up! The first call she got was from her daddy (2nd picture). Even her cake was a phone. She was so excited that she decided to move her party up by an hour. She told me just in time...just as Woody was leaving for his Saturday morning errands. So he only went to the library and went to the grocery store and did the rest of the errands after we had lunch with Abigail and her family. She planned her party out--presents first, then lunch (spaghetti, her favorite) and then pink cake and pink ice cream (strawberry all the way there!). We had a good time celebrating with her and her family. Woody cut all the parsley, as we have a freeze warning out for tonight...we didn't get frost last night, but I think that we are pretty sure that it is going to go down to around 32 tonight. I am just not ready for the cold. Well, back to the parsley...after the party I came back home and washed and spun it sort of dry, and then pinched the leaves off the stems and put the leaves in the dehydrator that we borrowed from Nathan and Kathy. I filled all five "racks" and still have some in the bowl. The dehydrator is working and already I can see a great reduction in the size of the leaves. After they are totally dehydrated, I will whirl them around either in our blender or food processor and chop them up and then we will have a fresh supply of dried parsley leaves for our cooking. Woody came back from the store while I was still pinching leaves off so he put some of the groceries away and then I put the rest away after I got the parsley work done. When that was finished, I was "finished"...well, sort of...I then came upstairs and settled into my recliner and pulled a fleece throw over my legs and did the final work on the Sunday School lesson for tomorrow. I will print it off as soon as I finish the blog. While I was working on the lesson, Woody went on a four-mile walk. We are both settled in for a cold fall night. He is watching a DVD he got at the library and I am going to go back to reading my book. I have been cold all day...and I finally broke down and turned on the heat for the first time this fall...at least the upstairs unit is running on heat for the first time this season. Woody still hasn't switched the downstairs unit over to heat...cold doesn't seem to bother him like it does me! Weather Bug says that is already down to 48 and it only got to 61 today. So definitely there is a chill in the air!

No comments:

Post a Comment