Monday, April 11, 2016

April Showers

Another cool spring day that was rainy at times...April showers. I had a usual Monday school day with the neighbor grandchildren. Isaac got to paint. He had fun mixing colors and found out that adding white makes the color lighter. (That reminds me that I still need to finish putting away the paints...must remember that after I blog!) Esther completed her cross stitch project today by making it into an ornament. Next project for her is to make a dress for her 18" doll. I read and rested after lunch. Then mid afternoon I got started on making our supper...Creamy Baked Pork Chops. This is a VERY tried and true recipe...one that dates back to the early years of our marriage. The original recipe was on a Campbell's Soup can. I have since adapted it several times...but the main adaption is that I now make the condensed mushroom soup from scratch...Sorry Campbell's! The original used cream of celery and now sometimes I use celery...but today decided that I would do mushroom since I had the mushrooms. Isaac played with play dough while I cooked. He was also my helper when I needed things down in the low cabinets. I have the dishwasher loaded and ready to run except for adding a couple of mugs that have found their way upstairs. Then...I need to wash the dishes that need to be washed by hand. I came upstairs to rest and blog before tackling that job. Before coming back upstairs I need to bring up a load of clothes from the dryer and put more into the dryer. I keep thinking of things that need to be done! Woody continues to do the exercises that they have given him. I think that he is a bit discouraged that he isn't making more progress. He received a call from the hospital today to see how he is doing. The surgery was two weeks ago tomorrow. He will start physical therapy on Thursday. Mmmmmm Kathy just knocked on the door and brought a treat for us...homemade ice cream sandwiches. Yum! Pretty good eating around here today!

1 comment: