Friday, July 21, 2017

Another Hot One!


When I thought about a picture to portray today's heat, the above pictures came to mind.  They show a truck load of hay on fire in the median on an interstate in VA.  I took these on one of our trips to National Institutes of Health (NIH)...many years ago, now.  The bottom one is my favorite...shows the fireman spraying water on the hay and the hay and water flying all over the place.  I shot these out Woody's car window as we drove by very slowly since the traffic was down to a crawl due to the fire.

It has been another good day to stay in and pretty much do as little as possible!  Woody did get his walk in early this morning.  Later in the morning he went to Aldis and Krogers to do our weekly grocery shopping.  I did manage to get enough energy to put away the groceries after he got back home. For a while this afternoon, I sat in my chair and hemmed baby items....good quiet activity on a hot day!  One is ready for the buttonholes to be cut open and then sew the buttons on.  Just before I came in to blog I pinned up the hem on the other one.    I'm planning to have the second one hemmed before I go to bed tonight. Then I will have diaper covers that match to make.  Slow and steady...hopefully the babies won't be grown by the time I finally get them finished! At least I am accomplishing a little something in this heat.

Woody said that when he came out of Krogers today that the heat was absolutely stifling.  It is especially noticable when coming from a very cold air conditioned store and then have the heat that is radiating off the asphalt parking lot hit you full on along with the humidity!  Woody has done some more watering trying to help our plants survive the excessive heat. He has spent a lot of time in his chair also reading, working puzzles, and watching TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment