Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Firsts—Day 37

Two firsts for the new oven today = Woody's zucchini bread and my first ever from scratch angel food cake.  The cake is still cooking so verdict is still out.  The zucchini bread has been tested by me, Isaac, and Joseph.  Verdict = Excellent!  My only comment is that it will definitely be easier when countertops and dishwasher are installed!

My morning started out with getting ready to make the angel food cake.  Isaac came over because he needed me to take him to the dentist.  He had an accident on a playground last night and chipped off the corner of one of his front teeth.  Nathan was working at the Baptist Collegiatr Ministry center today.  Kathy is heading up the kids' music camp that is being held at our church this week.  So Grammy got to take him to the dentist.  After it was over I took him to the church so he could rejoin the music camp kids.  I picked up a list of new Sunday School students for Woody, stopped at the public library to return a book, and stopped at the pharmacy to leave an antibiotic prescription for Isaac.  I hadn't ever thought about it, but the dentist explained that sometimes the body can try to reject a broken tooth so he wanted Isaac in an antibiotic for a few days.  When I got home, I had the surprise that Woody had just gotten zucchini bread batter into the bread pans and was ready for me to set the new oven and pop them in to cook.  The oven met the challenge and baked them to perfection.

Donna and I decided to go to the church and work in the library for a while this afternoon rather than tomorrow.  We got more new books processed and checked in a lot of books (I had given out some over due notes to some of our patrons and they had responded and brought many back!). When I got home, I decided to rest for a few minutes and fell asleep!  So...got started a little later than planned on  the Angel food cake.  But it is out of the oven now and cooling upside down on a bottle neck.  Maybe Woody will get a slice with some strawberries and sauce over it before he goes to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment