Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Earth Day 2020

I guess the best thing about Earth Day 2020 is all the places that are so much better off this year due to folk sheltering at home all over the world.  I know that the Los Angeles skyline isn't smoggy.  The canals in Venice are clear.  Nice that the earth is benefiting from people slowing down and staying home.

I made an extra...probably nonessential trip to Walmart today to get the herb seeds that didn't get home with me on Monday. I picked them up in my hands today and didn't put them down till I was checking out!  And, they got home and are already planted.  Woody wanted me to go get them today so he could plant them before the rains come overnight.  Woody met his outside goals for today...he finished weeding the shared flower garden and got the herb seeds planted.

Since I blogged last night I finished two books.  I had three going and decided to get these two finished.  As I was returning these e-books, I got notified that there was another one ready for me to check out.  I still have a biography of Thomas Jefferson that I will work at slowly.  And, have already started the new fiction book.  I like to get the books started as they come to me since I may not really want to read them...I read for a while and decide if the book is really for me.  I guess you could compare it to a test drive of a car!  I haven't decided about this latest one.  So far I have only given up on one e-book that I checked out during this safer at home time period.

Woody made French toast this morning with the cinnamon swirl bread that I made yesterday. I cooked some fresh green beans tonight to go with leftovers in the fridge.  That's about all the cooking that took place today except for warming up leftovers.  The kitchen is cleaned up and the dishwasher has already run...so kitchen is "closed" for the evening!

We did hear from a real person at Vanderbilt this morning and they are working on rescheduling Woody's three appointments for several months down the road.

My Coronavirus borrowed thought for the day:

"Rest at home is better than rest in peace.
Six feet away is better than six feet under!" (Unknown)

Stay safe.
Stay well.
Stay at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment