Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Newest Rental!













Esther decided to go abstract with this one...circles of paint with drips.  She and the two younger boys did a good job!  It adds another bright spot to the garden.


And, here's the garden with all four bird houses.  The one on the far right, that looks like a birch log, was made by friends of ours and is made specifically for blue birds.  That one one is already rented by a daddy and mama bluebird.

I know that today is Tuesday because I remembered to pull the garbage can around to the front and empty our inside trash into it and pull it to the road...one of the touch points in my week that keeps me on the right day!  I also took out recycle and I guess it is a good thing as Kathy just informed me that they were stopping curbside recycle pickup for the time being.  So I got rid of a lot of cardboard boxes...had to flatten those and also paper, tin cans, and a milk carton.  Now to remember to put all those items into the trash till they tell us otherwise...a decision made due to the Coronavirus.

Woody spent a lot of time out in the yard again today.  The yard bucket is getting fuller and fuller of sticks.  It will need a young and willing body to take it out to the stick pile before long!  We have several of those next door!

While he was outside I skinned and deboned some chicken thighs and put them in the freezer...both the bones and the meat!  The bones will be used for future "liquid gold" aka chicken broth/stock.  And, I will cook the thighs one of our favorite ways...when we need them for a meal. At this point I think that we can make it till a week from this Friday with what we have on hand.  That is our goal anyway...to go two weeks between grocery shopping trips.  I did a couple of other small cleaning jobs around the kitchen.  Oh... I just remembered that I out a load of clothes in the washer this afternoon...guess I had better go transfer them to dryer once I hit publish!

Tonight's borrowed Coronavirus thought:

"When the dust settles, we will realize how little we need, how much we have, and the true value of human connection." (Unknown author)

Stay safe!
Stay well!
Stay home!


No comments:

Post a Comment