Saturday, June 17, 2023

Front Yard Friends

I have had a pretty busy day today, but did sit on the front porch for a little while this morning. Tonight's photos show a couple of friends who hung out with me and I managed to snap their pictures. We started early...out the door by 6am for Woody's dialysis treatment. The good thing about today is it is Saturday and he has two days off before his next treatment. I came home and put a Boston Butt roast in the oven to slow cook. Then I made one of the cold salads that Woody has been enjoying. After the cooking is when I took a break and sat on the porch for a little while with my morning tea and my camera. I got things ready for my Zoom book club meeting before I headed off to pick Woody up. When we got home, Woody settled into his recliner and I gave him a snack to tide him over till lunch. I'm guessing that there were twelve at the Zoom meeting...mostly the same ones who were there last month. We had a lively discussion for about an hour. Once it was over, I headed down to get Woody's lunch...just a little after noon...so his lunch wasn't very late! The roast finished cooking shortly after I came downstairs...so I had that to tend to after lunch. It came out very tender...it's all pulled and part is in the freezer for later and some is in the refrigerator for now. I think that the later that is in the freezer is the first thing that is all ready to feed my company...just think they will be here four weeks from today...well, not yet, as they will be getting in late. After I got the pork pulled, them I tackled the mess in the kitchen. It really cleaned up quickly...most went in the dishwasher after I emptied it and only a few had to be done by hand. I line the roasting pan with foil so it isn't a hard cleanup. After supper, I went out to water as some of our newer plants aren't established yet and today's upper 80s temps were hard on them. Shen I came in Woody was already dozing so I will go down as soon as I publish this and see if he is awake enough for me to put a new bandage on his knee. We have Sunday School in the morning so another morning of heading out...but not as early as on dialysis days! We come home after church and watch our church service on my iPad. So those are the only plans for tomorrow...at the moment...church and meals and take it easy. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment