Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Recovering from Yesterday?

It has been a slow day for both of us...or so it seems. I guess we are in recovery mode from yesterday's trip to Franklin, TN to Woody's melanoma surgeon. Woody has spent most of the day on the couch rather than sitting in his recliner. I have kept busy, but have taken many breaks after each effort! One thing I did today, because it is the night we take our trash can to the road for pick-up in the morning, was empty dialysis supply boxes...some are easy to dispose of and others, I have to empty the bags that contain liquid. The effort behind that task is open the boxes and then carry the heavy bags to the tub and cut them open, let them drain, and then gather them to out in the trash can. Also had lots of boxes to collapse for recycle pickup. Let's just say I got a good start, but there are still several stacks of them in Melany's former bedroom...and I haven't started on the ones in the family room. But give me a few more garbage days and they will be part of our past! Some of the bags have saline in them amd some have dialysate in them. There are also boxes of tubing...those are easy...just slit oven the box and carry them to the trash can...dump them out of the box and then collapse the box. I also had small boxes that contained items needed to FedEx labs and other samples that had to be sent now amd again. I think I got those all opened and dumped. I am done with box emptying for today...the reat will have to wir for another day! I watered after I got home from taking Woody...so pleasant outside at that time! I sat on the porch and drank a cup of tea and wrched and listened to the birds. I guess my next task for the day is a dressing change on Woody's leg. Then I will add the last few dishes to the dishwasher and I will be through downstairs for today. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment