Saturday, November 25, 2023

Mess ➡️ Cleanup ➡️ Mess ➡️ Cleanup…

It seems like I just have a mess...clean it up...make another...clean it up and the cycle goes on and on! Today's big mess was making Turkey broth...which meant that I had to cut off the turkey from the carcas first...one mess...then since I had that mess, I decided that I might as well make the next one...make the broth. Broth is now in the refrigerator and the mess is mostly cleaned up...the stock pot and insert are soaking in the sink...and may stay there till tomorrow and I will load them into the dishwasher after I empty it from the load that I have in there now...no room for stock pot and insert! The other mess is that I have gone back to decorating my tree. Nathan and Elijah helped me get ornaments on the top yesterday and I continued to unload from the boxes they got ornaments from yesterday...of course all the boxes are on the floor next to the box...so that will be a packing puzzle once I have gotten into all the boxes inside the 2 big boxes. So at the moment...a bit of a mess near the Christmas tree. Besides making messes and cleaning up and repeating said pattern, I have also worked on tomorrow's Sunday School lesson. So I have done a little of this and a little of that today. Woody said that he had a good day at dialysis...other than the fact that it took so long! Think about it, four hours of sitting hooked to a machine...not being able to get up and move around or really do much of anything. He worked on his crossword puzzles...but today's are the hardest of the week...at least two of them are so he needs some to use some of his helps that he can't take there. So he finished his puzzles after he got home and he has watched quite a bit of football...so a good afternoon and evening...so far. He has settled onto his couch/bed for the night. We will be up and out of here fairly early but no where as early as dialysis days! He is teaching his Sunday School boys tomorrow. Tonight's photo shows a nice surprise that we received today. A friend, who I hadn't seen in a long time, stopped by and brought us a Christmas card and a poinsettia...so thoughtful! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! 'Tis the Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment