Monday, November 27, 2023

Before and After

I think you can tell which is before and which is after! As of a little after 4pm, I am finished with decorating the tree. All the little boxes have been put back in the bigger boxes and have been whisked upstairs and some are even back in the Christmas closet. I will attack the puzzle of putting the boxes back in the closet at another time. Next I must get busy on completing Christmas gifts that I am making. I can now enjoy our Christmas decorations for the rest of the holiday season! Decorating is quite ajob, but when I am finished I am always glad that I did it...until time to put them away!!!!! Woody has felt cold all day...I guess a premonition of what is to come. In the morning we are supposed to have to face around 25° when we leave in the morning. Brrrrrr! I hope I can get him bundled up well enough! I went to prayer meeting tonight, but Woody didn't. He had thought that he would go, but I discouraged him about going as he would have had to face temps in the 30s then and then have to attempt to warm up after getting back home. I hope that he can sleep well tonight and we will face what we have to face in the morning! We have had a "lazy" day at home today...except that I went to prayer meeting this evening. I won't say that my day was too lazy as I kept at the tree almost all day...but good job done! I just checked to see when the empty tree picture was taken and it was last Tuesday...a little under a week to get it complete...but Pie Day preparation did take presidence over other things for several days. I do enjoy decorating the tree...so many memories tied up in it...memories of friends, memories of trips taken, memories of favorite family things, memories of something that I have made, and just memories of seeing an ornament that has been hanging on the tree for many years...some for 50+ years! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! 'Tis the Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment