Friday, April 19, 2024

Maybe He Needed Some Fresh Air???

It's been an interesting day...the start of the day was taken up with my appointment with our personal care physician--my six-month check in with her and for lab work. It was a 3-1/2 hour chunk out of the morning...7am till 10:30...for travel to and two and from and then the appointment itself. The trip over took longer than the trip back...and, it wasn't because i was speeding on the way back. The trip over took me through seven school zones...so lots of flashing lights and big slow downs. The trip home had none. It took around an hour plus a little to get there and only 45 minutes coming home. I ate breakfast when I got home and gave Woody a snack. Then it wasn't long till I needed to get Woody's lunch as he needed to head out to his appointment. This appointment happens every three weeks and it lasts between 1 hour 45 minutes to 2 hours...lately usually the lesser amount. We got there and there was only one person in the waiting room so it looked like he should get called in pretty quickly. I get him checked in for this appointment and then always head home for the duration of the appointment. The receptionist calls me when he is ready to be picked up. Today I settled next to the phone when it got to be close to him being gone for 1 hour and 45 minutes...but the phone didn't ring...then it got to be 2 hours and then I began to wonder what was going on. I figured that something had happened to not let him get started on time...I even wondered if there was any chance that they had sent him over to the hospital for a transfusion...though when they have done that in the past, I came and got him and took him across to the hospital so didn't think that likely...just trying to come up with reasons why it was taking so long. Finaly I decided that I would call them. The person who answered must not have been in the Tullahoma office as she had to call to get in touch with them. She was very worried as she was sure that they had closed...which made me laugh a little...but I was sure that they hadn't locked Woody into the building. My guess was that he had asked them to roll him out on the sidewalk to wait for me. Which is where he was and had been for more than 45 minutes! When the appointment maker gave him his next appointment, he asked her to call me. which she said she would. But...she ended getting busy and forgot since he was out of sight by going outside to wait. She appologized profusely. She said she realized what she had done when my name came up on her telephone screen. It was a bit chillier than Woody expected so he did get a bit cold, but other than that, he is none the worse for wear! And, he graciously accepted her apology and got a good dose of fresh air! We're both a bit worn out from today's doings...at least all the extra appointments for this week are behind us..."just" dialysis in the morning and then this week of too many appointments will be behind us. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment