Monday, October 24, 2011

Hard Work = FUN!




Woody walked his four-mile route this morning. Then after lunch he walked to the pharmacy to pick up a prescription. I had school with Elijah and Esther this morning. But no school with Grammy for Abigail and Joy as they went with their mommy to her OB appointment to hear their baby's heart beat and then after the appointment went to be fitted for their cheerleader outfits. They are going to be cheerleaders for Upward's Basketball. Graham came over and we had a sewing lesson. He decided that he wanted to make a placemat to replace the one that he and I made many years ago. He is going with a Compost Boy theme for his. This afternoon, I had my six-month appointment with my neurologist...status quo with my Transverse Myelitis. When I got back home, Woody and Graham were out front working on changing out bicycle tires and inner tubes on Graham's new-to-him ten-speed bicycle. It was his mother's bicycle back in her youth. After he, Goosey, and his daddy got the tires back on he took a little spin. And, the fun just began for him as he discovered that the new family who is moving into the neighborhood was at their house and that the children were playing outside. They also have five children and home school...perfect match...the girls have girls to play with and the boy had boys to play with. They all trouped down there (minus Elijah who was napping) with their daddy to welcome them and to play for a little while. So the hard work of putting tires and inner tubes on and then pumping up the tires turned into lots of fun. I enjoyed watching them put the tires on and then sat on the front porch for a while with Woody after the work got done. I didn't go in and do what I had planned...make chicken and sausage gumbo. Oops! Well, I started the first step this morning before school. But got underway with the rest of it a bit late...so we ended up having a bowl after Woody got home from Monday night prayer meeting...rather late supper for us. Right now I am watching Dancing With the Stars...then I am sure that the channel will get turned over to the fifth World Series Game.




No comments:

Post a Comment