Thursday, September 17, 2015

A Step Back in Time

We traveled to Columbia, TN today to visit the ancestral home of our 11th President--James K. Polk. We had a great tour...just one other couple other than the three of us...so a nice small group to be taken around. Our docent was very knowledgable about Polk's life and times. We gleaned lots of information that had been unbeknownst to us...we are now much wiser!?! I was thrilled that I was allowed to take pictures as long as I didn't use a flash...so I snapped away to my heart's content! (I probably learned less than I should have, since I was composing photos in my mind as she was illuminating us. But I do have the photos to look back at to remind me of what she said!) You may see other photos in the days to come.
After leaving Polk's home, we continued in a circuitous route and stopped at a Rick's barbecue for a late lunch in Leoma, TN...had good barbecue sandwiches and yummy swirled ice cream. We then stopped at Story and Lee Furniture Store. We just looked "this" time...but I got ideas...for another trip back to their store! Then we headed back home. I think that we probably traveled about 180 miles...fun day...out and about. Before we left this morning, Woody walked six miles. After we got back Cheryl and I took a much shorter walk...but did walk. We had been "meaning" to walk every day since she got here...today was the first time that we managed to fit a walk in to our "busy schedule!"

No comments:

Post a Comment