Thursday, June 16, 2016

A Time Assigned

Finally mid-afternoon, Woody got the call saying when we are to be at the hospital to check in = 12:30pm. That is all we know...still don't have a surgery time nor do we know the estimated stay...whether out patient or stay a night or what. Of course the length of stay is never known until the surgery is over and it is seen how Woody is doing after the surgery. We have figured all along that he will be staying at least one night...I guess time will tell. We are attempting to go prepared for whatever...time will tell about that too! I packed a bag a little while ago...here's hoping that I have what we will need. We plan to drive to Melany's and then let her take over the driving. I have had another busy day. I made split pea soup. I found our last ham bone in the freezer when I was going through the freezer to see what was in it...Woody suggested that I make split pea soup so I did. I also have done some cleaning today. I cleaned the patient's room today so it will be ready for him to come home to recoup. And, the rest of the day I have done a little of this and a little of that. Woody has done a few things, but mostly has taken it easy. I had him read the instructions they gave him for the day before surgery...he didn't have much to do...but eat a light supper and then not eat or drink anything after midnight. I am feeling for him not being able to drink for all that time. There is no telling what time the surgery will be. When he had his shoulder surgery, it got put off for two hours from the time he was told when he checked in. I hope that he gets a good night's sleep tonight. I plan to blog from the hospital to tell how his surgery goes. Woody had Elijah and Isaac check the rain gauge this afternoon and we got about 1 1/2 inches of rain in our downpour last night. There were a lot of downed trees in areas around us, but we just had smaller branches come down...very high winds accompanied this storm. It has been another hot day here in Middle Tennessee...in the 90's again.

No comments:

Post a Comment