Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Flag Day 2016

I started out the morning working out in the yard...watering and deadheading. Woody wanted me to water so we would get rain today! And we did get some rain this afternoon...but very little. I am hearing thunder as I am typing this and perhaps hearing a raindrop or two on the roof. Perhaps we will get some more. Cooking for me today consisted of warming up leftovers...except for hard boiling some eggs for a potato salad that I am planning to make. I'm in the mood for some cold salads since it has been so hot...so have several planned to make. After lunch, Esther came over in her super hero cape...she also came over yesterday in her cape...do you think that perhaps she was hinting that she wanted her super hero mask?!? She never asked. Yesterday I was just too tired to even think about making it, but today I decided that the time was right. So Esther now has a super hero mask to match her cape. I think that I read her hint correctly...she was pleased to get a mask at long last! I think that I am through with super hero items at least for a while! I did rest for a while this afternoon. I think that being outside as long as I was this morning sort of did me in...I am not an "outside-type" of person...I would much rather be inside...especially on hot, humid days! Woody has been doing a lot of reading the last few days. He has a fiction book that has captured his interest...a John Grisham book. We are behind in reading Grisham's books (both Woody and I enjoy John Grisham) so there are several out there for him to read and keep him occupied in this down time for him. I know that he misses puttering around in the yard and going on his walks. He did go (drove) to the prayer room at church this evening. And, now we are both settling in for another quiet evening. Sounds like the rain may have ended...once again we didn't get much...but every little bit helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment