Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Tea for Two and Lights!


,

A week or so ago, Donna and I decided to forego our usual library work day and meet at my house so  I could show off the new kitchen and we  could visit and munch cookies and sip tea.  We had such a refreshing morning!  Before she left, our contractor showed up and fixed the lights.  So Donna was able to see the full effects of all the lights turned on before she left!  And, I am happy to once again have under counter lights that aren't falling down.  What happened is that his workers put them up without dusting off all the dust that was under there and they just wouldn't stay stuck.  One less thing to wait for in the final phase of the kitchen redo!  Still have the shades to wait on.  And, I may have to wait a bit on those as...wait for this...Nathan has to go to prison on Saturday so he won't be home to be able to do them that day!  Now, an explanation is due!  Nathan drives to Kentucky periodically to work in the prison ministry at one prison or another in the state.  He usually goes on a family visiting day and juggles, etc. for the prisoners and their children and spouses.  And, so far, at least, they have always let him out of prison at the end of the day!

Woody spent the morning upstairs challenging the computer to Scrabble games, while Donna and I visited.  This afternoon, Graham came over with something for both of us to do.  He needs me to sew on a couple of buttons on his CAP dress uniform coat and also on some patches on his camoflauge jacket.  Patches are about my least favorite thing to sew...especially to military precision!  I told Graham only for him would I see on patches because I loved him so much!  I did get a smile out of him.  Graham's job for Woody was to proof read his first college English essay.  I warned Graham that Woody was pretty free with the red pen and not to let it bother him!  There really weren't as many red marks as I expected!  Graham has until 11:59 pm tomorrow to get his paper submitted via
computer.  At least it was completed to the point of being able to proof it...now if internet stays up and electricity on so he can submit it before the deadline!

Off to clean up the mess that I made cooking supper.  Tonight I made one of Woody's favorites: Philly streak sandwich with cooked peppers and onions.  Tonight I made more red pepper sauce so he would have a condiment to put on his sandwich.  So lots of messes await me.

No comments:

Post a Comment