Saturday, May 7, 2022

A Cool and Dreary Day

Today we never got to 60° today and it has been overcast and misty/drizzly...a good day to stay inside. I did go out to take trash out and to get the mail...other than that I stayed inside where it was dry and warm. I'm not sure that either has ever awakened totally today. I fell asleep much earlier than usual and then woke up several hours later...feeling like I had had a good nap. I took advantage of that time and finished up preparing the Sunday School lesson for tomorrow. About the time that I thought that I couldngo to sleep, I heard Woody coughing so went down to check on him. I went back upstairs and printed off the crossword puzzles for today. Once he sat up he got his coughing under control...cough was due to drainage and lying down had gotten him coughing. He worked his puzzles and I went back upstairs and ended up falling to sleep just as it was starting to get light. And, I slept much later than usual...once I got downstairs it was time to disconnect Woody from his overnight dialysis and time to do the manual drain. By the time the drain finished and I got breakfast in front of him it was almos lunchtime...another day he had brunch! I made a cake to go with the strawberries and ice cream that Woody said sounded good. Late afternoon he had some of what we call strawberry short cake. And, that did taste good to him. It is now time to get his dialysis set up so we can get it started as we have to be out the door in the morning pretty early. Nathan surprised me a little whie ago with food from the fish fry where he and Kathy and family juggled. This is the fish fry that we have attended over the years with the Hastys. It is a fund raiser for a local crisis pregnancy center. I found out a very good use for the air fryer feature of my oven...to reheat fried fish, hush puppies, and fries! There was also chicken...which will be eaten another day. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment