Thursday, October 8, 2026

🎶Chim Chiminey, Chim Chim Chiree🎶


Meet Nettle the Rabbit and see her dressed up for Halloween in her black cat mask!  Our slumber party was a success and Melany and I figured out how to make her.  Melany did all the sewing…I just helped her know how to run the sewing machine!  We had a good time and even stitched a little last night before we went to bed.  

Around noon, Nathan called to say that the chimney person was supposed to come sometime in the next two hours.  Nathan came by in the middle of that time to check on things, but had some errands to run and projects to work on so he went on after he visited a while and it was almost through the two hour span.  Melany and I took in all the decorations in the front of the house because my handyman is supposed to come either today or tomorrow to power wash the rails around the front porch.  So our part is finished to be ready t job to happen.  We then went in to fix a late lunch…we had eaten a late breakfast!  And, the chimney person arrived.  First…the chimney person that Nathan had talked to had not seen the correct chimney on Zillow…he had looked at Nathan and Kathy's former home next door.  He was none too happy to see the height of our chimney.  He told me afterwards that chimneys that high always scare him even if he is used to doing the job.  But he got to work…found out that the cap on our chimney was just fine, that it just needed to have the screening replaced and then sealed and he suggested having the chimney swept/cleaned (reason for the Mary Poppins' chimney sweep song reference for the tonight's title).  He said since animals had been down in the chimney, it would be a good idea to have it swept…to which I agreed.  He got another surprise, other than the height of our chimney, there was a wasp nest.  I don’t think that any of them got him, but he did get them taken care of!  So hopefully several problems have been taken care of…stop squirrels descents, eliminate a wasp nest, and make it safe for me to have a fire in my fireplace, if the need should arise.  All that and I got by for less than quoted since he didn't have to put a new cap on the chimney. So hopefully a win-win all around! Glad to have that over and done with!

Now to get the new front door painted and the porch railings…

I’m getting ready to settle in for the evening…going to make a hot cup of tea and pick up my stitching and looking forward to Elsbeth being back on the air tonight!  I’ll get back to Sunday's Sunday School lesson tomorrow! 

To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!


No comments:

Post a Comment