Thursday, April 28, 2011

Calm After the Storm

What a difference a day makes! Today, everything is calm...at least here...not so in other parts of our state and so many others that have been affected by yesterday's storms...especially Alabama. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all those who have lost loved ones and no longer have homes or businesses.

Woody walked to the Post Office this morning to mail something for me and on the way home he stopped and bought some tomatoes at the fruit market. Woody talked Nathan into changing the oil in the car that we will be taking to Maryland next week. While Nathan was doing that Graham came over to our house and finished up his school work. Kathy and the girls had gone on a girls trip and Graham needed someone to give him his spelling test. Woody gave Graham his spelling test. In a little while Elijah joined Graham in the house. He came in to play with cars and "BIG TRUCKS." When it got to be lunch time, I invited the neighbor boys to have lunch with us. After lunch they headed back to their house to do some things to get ready for a camp out. Nathan and Graham are going on a church Father and Son camping trip tomorrow. Elijah will be staying with us starting mid afternoon tomorrow till his mom and the girls return late tomorrow night.

I decided that I would clean today. I didn't get as much done as I wanted to, but it is a start. I've also done several loads of wash. Graham came over and helped me dead-head the plants in the garden. Graham also vacuumed our stairs for me. Woody did some weeding in one of the flower beds and he also raked preparing the front yard for mowing. Though he hadn't planned to mow today, he did end up mowing the front yard. Graham challenged Goosey to a game of Scrabble on the computer. They played Scrabble while I was fixing supper. Graham stayed and ate with us. We had Rosemary Chicken...flavored with fresh rosemary and lemon thyme that we are growing.

I did try again to get hotel reservations...still can't get NIH rates...so will try again tomorrow!





No comments:

Post a Comment