Friday, April 15, 2011

Winging My Way Home!

Here's a view from my window early this morning! I ended up with a window seat and enjoyed trying to capture some views looking down on God's beautiful earth. Considering all the weather threats that the day held, my flight was fairly calm. The pilot explained that they were changing their regular route which flies over Oklahoma and Arkansas and flying a more northerly route trying to avoid as many of the storms as they could. He told us that if we needed to get up to be sure to do so during the first half of our approximately four long journey, as the last half could be a bit bumpy. We did have a few bumps along the way...but nothing like I expected. We felt the weather coming into Nashville the most as the winds were quite strong at that time and it was raining in Nashville...once we got below the clouds. Most of the journey I had tiny ice crystals on the lower portion of my window. Really all in all...not a bad day to fly. I got up this morning at 4am AZ time (6am TN) and was picked up by a shuttle to take me to the airport. The shuttle arrived early...just as I finished zipping my suitcase! My flight left at 7:15am AZ time (9:15 TN) and arrived in Nashville at 12:30pm TN time. It has been a long day...with not a lot of sleep last night. It is so good to be home. I about talked Woody's ear off on the way home! Then not long after I got home tiredness overtook me...I held off for a while, but did end up taking a fairly long nap...and I figure that I will still be able to sleep tonight. After we got home, Woody went to the library to pick up a copy of the book that I had been reading in AZ. I had taken down the page number of where I got to in the book...but the only copy our library had at this time was large print...so different page numbering...but it didn't take me long to find where I was. I managed to read a page or two before I couldn't hold my eyes open any longer. It has rained just about all day here. We have gotten close to 1 1/2 inches of rain today...a good soaking rain. I haven't gotten to look around too much outside since I got home due to it raining so much...but the front garden that Woody and the neighbors have worked so hard on while I was gone looks wonderful. I will check out the backyard tomorrow! Everything is so green here and the dogwoods are blooming. It is definitely chillier here than in AZ...cooler temps seem to follow me! It only got into the 60's here today. It wasn't long after I got home that I put on a sweatshirt and when I took my nap I snuggled under a fleece throw. I am really tired...hopefully I can catch up on my sleep over the next couple of days. After tonight, I'll try to get back to blogging around 7pm TN time...guess I'm still on AZ time tonight! Part of the reason that I'm blogging late tonight was looking at the pictures that I took today and trying to decide which one to share. Good to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment