Thursday, December 29, 2022

Update From Woody!

Nine o'clockish, I got a call from Woody's dialysis nurse. She had some questions for me...which, if the folk at rehab had taken the paper I left for dialysis nurse out of Woody's file, would have been answered. She said that since dialysis is a contracted service, that she didn't have access to his records. sigh...I had written those out specifically for her and was assured that they would be given to her. Oh, well, I was able to give the information over the ohone and Woody got his dialysis so must have worked! I got a surprise call from Woody, this afternoon. I had been waiting for another call so didn't recognize him at first...but part of that is that he is so weak. He did tell me about his PT...they had helped him to stand and then to sit on the edge of the bed. He was waiting for others to come to help and check him in various ways. He's trying to eat...he has lost a tremendous amount of weight...he is literally just skin and bones. Right now he has the problem of his antibiotics wreaking havoc on his digestive system. He can't win for losing and at the moment he doesn't have much to lose! He told me that he was just so sleepy...too sleepy to talk so I suggested that we say good-bye and that he rest till the next folk came in. I heard a knock on his door as we hung up. He did inquire of me about Christmas gifts...making sure that all we had ordered was here...still two more to come tomorrow. I have been notified a couple times today that they will be here tomorrow. He seemed satisfied when I told him that. He was happy to learn that Alex had a CT scan today and that there was no evidence of a stone any more...good news! I have mainly made phone calls today getting things cancelled or trying to get things scheduled or rescheduled. I got one of the details completed, but have to wait on call backs from the others. Some things that I meant to get done didn't get done because I was waiting for those call backs. I have done a lot of getting a job started but not finishing...guess you can call it spinning my wheels. Aftrr I publish tonight's blog, I am going to get a load of wash going and then settle in to work on finishing ornaments. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! (Woody said that one of his nurses has four Covid patients...wish she wouldn't be in Woody's room. Woody doesn't have to wear a mask while in his room, but has to when out in the halls. He traversed the halls to get to dialysis. He said dialysis is downstairs. A little more about dialysis...they use Fresenius equipment...probably same type of machines that we have and he will have it done 5 days a week...Monday through Friday with Saturday and Sunday off. One of my jobs today was to drain the remaining dyalisate and shut our machine off...one job accomplished.)

No comments:

Post a Comment