Friday, January 12, 2024

A Rainy and Windy Day

Just as predicted we had quite a bit of rain and wind today. We had to go out into the midst of it mid morning. We didn't get too wet! When we got there, they said that they thought that we might call to reschedule...two other patients had done just that. One positive thing about that...we were ushered into a room immediately...but the appointment didn't go a lot faster than it usually does. There was another patient there who needed some extra care so we pretty much ended up on the regular schedule, as if we had had to sit in the waiting room for a while. We will keep on with what we have been doing, except that he isn't going to wear the brace that he has been wearing as it isn't staying in place and keeps sliding down...his thigh is too skinny to keep it in place! She has recommended that we consult someone who could make a custom brace for the weak part of his leg. I will make that call next week. We continue to be impressed with the local Vanderbilt/Harton wound care...so caring and knowledgeable and willing to take the time necessary with each patient. Today was a breakfast-sausage-making day for me. Woody wanted French toast when he got home from the doctor which means he wants sausage with it...so he had a late lunch so I could put together the meat mixture and then cook a few so he could have those with his French toast. I just finished cooking the rest of the sausage patties. Now I'm waiting for them to cool so I can slide them into the freezer on a cookie sheet to flash freeze and then I will put them in a freezer zip-loc bag and keep them in the freezer till needed. After getting lunch, I plamned to cotinue on the tree, but I was too tired from our wet morning outing that I ended up just looking at the tree and then decided that it was nap time! Since I had the nap, perhaps I will be able to work on it a little more this evening...though, my recliner and heating pads are calling my name! Maybe I can resist them for a little while after I get the kitchen cleaned up. There is no wound care for me to do this evening since they did the wound care at the the center this morning. The temperatures stayed mild today, but are in the process of dropping...supposed to get into the 20s overnight...I'm hoping that the ramp doesn't get icy! I swept puddles off the level part of the ramp and then salted the whole length...hoping that will do the trick. The ramp is the only way that I can get Woody out of the house. Woody has felt well today. He did take a nap this afternoon, too. I guess the wet outing got to both of us! Tomorrow's low temp in the 20s is nothing compared to what is predicted for the first days of next week...not supposed to get above freezing and supposed to be down in the teens and perhaps even in single digits...not something to look forward to at 6am! The temperatures will be able to be tolerated as long as snow and ice doesn't also come into the picture! We won't borrow trouble...yet! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment