Monday, January 8, 2024

When the Wind Blows!

We have had a really good day...now if we don't blown away. We are in a wind advisory...the last I heard the winds were blowing at 21.9 mph and we have been told it could get up to 50...guess we had better hold onto our hats! We have had some rain...while I was in prayer meeting and are due for some more...I believe heavy at times. We have had so little rain of late that we hardly know what to do when it does rain! I'm glad to see it, though, I am hoping that there will be a window of no rain and not much wind when we head out tomorrow morning in the wee hours. But we will deal with whatever! Luckily at the center we are under a cover when I get him out of the car and into the center. I continue to undecorate/decorate. This morning I made an adaptation of a sweet bread of my mother's. It turned out pretty well despite me leaving it in the oven a bit long. Linda H. came over for lunch...she stopped at Arbys on her way over so Arby's classic roast beef sandwiches were on the menu for our lunch. And, some of the sweet bread and some of the chocolates that were gifted me at Christmas were our dessert. We had a nice visit. I think that Woody is more like his "old self" lately...good to see. His appetite is definitely picking up...he claims that I'm not feeding him enough...I'm trying!!!! Tonight I went to Monday Night Furnace Room Prayer Meeting. When I got home, I dressed Woody's wound and applied the antibiotic cream below the wound. I had washed his bed linens today so made his bed and he is now all tucked away for the night. I am ready to sit in my chair for the rest of the night...hoping to stitch a little and maybe read a little. I am reading a book that was about to be taken back into cyber space...but I was allowed to renew it, which means that now I am not under the crunch to read, read, read! I think that I feel like stitch, stitch, stitch tonight! Tomorrow is dialysis early and then the rest of the day is open...my day more open than Woody's, as I'm not tied to a machine for four hours. I plan to work more on the house. Today I took more decorations off the big tree. I am still thinking that I will put up the corner tree...have more plans for that tree than just wintry objects...can see Valentines and Easter/Spring and summer and patriotic and fall and then we would be back to Christmas and the big tree...just thoughts so far...but I can see the tree box and the box of wintry ornaments in the Christmas closet...almost can get to them...just have to move a couple of other boxes and I can do the damage that I am thinking about doing. One thing that I did today was pull off the big tree any ornaments that would be appropriate on a Valentine tree and also ornaments that would work on a Spring/Easter tree...call me crazy! Going to box or bag them up so I can get to them "if" I end up carrying out this perhaps crazy idea! Let's just say that all this craziness is making the putting away of Christmas much more fun! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment