Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Stayed In and Stayed Warm!

According to Weatherbug, we got down to -9° overnight and got up to 23°...maybe. It was a cold one! Our sweet neighbor spent a lot of time over here scraping and shoveling and sweeping our ramp and space where the vehicle will pull up to get Woody...she scraped that place down so that when the sun got to it it would melt due to the blacktop and it did do a pretty good job of continuing to clear that space. Nathan came over and spread more salt...more for traction than melting. I did my part by pouring boiling water over the solid ice sheet that was in front of the back door. Nathan was running errands at Walmart and I added on to his list...batteries, salt, and the all important Swiss cheese for Woody's omelets (I was getting low)...and there is no telling when we will be able to start moving about freely again on our own! Nathan also knocked off some of the icicles that were dripping down onto our front steps. We got to see Abigail and Isaac, as they were along for the ride and errand running and Abigail got to visit with Payton, as he was back at work in Tullahoma today. We did get a call this morning from the dialysis center giving tomorrow's schedule. They are going with the two-hour delay once again. Nathan is going to deliver and return Woody home after his treatment tomorrow. We have had a good lazy snowed-in day. Woody has watched TV, done his usual four crossword puzzles plus others from the crossword calendar he got. I have read, done a little cooking (made meat for tacos...tomorrow I guess it will be make flour tortillas). I continue to pack up items from Christmas. I have almost gotten all the Christmas serving dishes into a box...I plan to put the last few in a box when I go back upstairs. I did take a nap this afternoon. Our sleep was interrupted last night when the power went out...I would have slept through it, but Woody was awake when it happened and called me downstairs to help him out...find a flashlight, etc. I had no idea that the lights had been out, as when he called me they were back on...but before I went back upstairs they went out again...but only for a short time. Our flashlight worked, but was pretty dim...reason we had Nathan get some more batteries today. Melany texted a little while ago that her school system has called off school through Friday. Teachers love snow days...I remember those days of extra time off! I'm not sure what will happen tomorrow. They are now callling for rain...probably freezing rain...could help, but could also make conditions worse. We will see. He has a TN Oncology appointment on Friday afternoon. I confirmed it a little while ago...but may reconsider when we see the conditions Friday! All we can do is plan moment by moment this week! To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment