Thursday, January 4, 2024

Day 10 of 12 Days of Christmas: Christmas Memories

Tonight I went back to the Christmas Tree for a nativity. This one was given to us by Alex and Brooke, our grandson and his wife. They brought it back after a cruise last year to the Western Carribean. Brooke is a Spanish teacher so she brought us back a nativity from Mexico. This memory makes me appreciative of family and friends who share their travels with us this way! We have had a pretty good day. I guess Woody had a bit of a bump at the end of his dialysis. His lines started to clot off so they have to get his blood rinsed back befor that happens...but they did what they needed to and I think took a blood sample, too, for Dr. O. Anyway, I sat in the waiting room a lot longer than usual and we didn't get home till after 11. The rest of the day has gone smoothly. I guess I am in an organizational mood...maybe something to do with the New Year...or just that I am ready to take down decorations. But today I decided to clean out a section of the buffet in the dining room. I took everything out of one side...dusted and polished the inside and then since there were quite a few items that I took out that needed polishing, I did that, too. I polished lots of silver wedding presents today...I guess a gift of long ago...that no longer is popular...maybe because of the polishing?!?!?! But they surely do look pretty now that they are all shiny. I have purchased some tarnish retarding bags to store them in. They are to arrive in a few days...but they are all clean and shiny. I also removed some things that just didn't need to be in there...things that just got stuck in there when I didn't have any other place to put them. I found other homes for those...or will when I am putting Christmas items away. I have pulled out a few boxs from the Christmas closet and will start boxing up some things tomorrow. I am ready to take down and "get back to normal!" Woody has watched TV, helped me make a decision about a birthday present, and, of course, worked crossword puzzles. When I took a break this afternoon, I picked my stitching back up for a little while and also read some more on my current book, my first book for 2024. Last year I read a total of 44 books...didn't quite meet my goal of a book a week, but that's okay. I never read as much when I am in a stitching mode...though this year I did listen to more books...which I can do while I stitch. I'm heading down to put antibiotic ointment on Woody's leg and see how it has fared not being covered for the whole day. I think it will be fine and it hasn't seemed to bother him. To be continued! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! 'Tis the season for two more days!

No comments:

Post a Comment